Your pre-pregnancy body doesn’t have to be a thing of the past. With a mommy makeover Miami Florida, you can get your body back to what it once was, reach your aesthetic goals, build back your confidence and self-esteem at an affordable mommy makeover Miami cost.
Being a mom is one of the most rewarding experiences you can enjoy as a woman. But it’s not roses and rainbows, especially when you have to contend with your post-pregnancy body — your new reality.
Many hormonal and physiologic changes happen to your body during pregnancy. Your abdominal skin and muscles expand to accommodate your growing baby. Your perineum, vagina, and labia stretch and even tear during delivery. You might get stretch marks and hyperpigmentation on your skin. Even your breast tissues might sag after breastfeeding.
Fortunately, you can solve all these issues and shed off your baby weight with a mommy makeover in Miami, FL, performed by a double board-certified plastic surgeon like me.
Continue reading this article to learn more about the mommy makeover in Miami, Florida.
What is Mommy Makeover Miami?
A mommy makeover is a combination of body contouring procedures that target the most commonly affected areas of your body after pregnancy.
While many women can easily snap back to their pre-pregnancy figure, others are not so lucky. Even a healthy diet and regular exercise routine might not be enough to combat the not-so-pleasant effects of pregnancy.
With a mommy makeover Miami, you can solve various issues such as:
- excess breast skin, saggy breasts, and changes in nipple and areola size
- abdominal laxity and muscle separation (diastasis recti)
- undesirable butt and thigh appearance
- vaginal and pelvic floor changes
- stubborn excess fat in various parts of your body
- stretch marks, scars, skin texture, and skin tone discoloration
Mommy Makeover Candidates: Who are the Ideal Mommy Makeover Candidates?
Thinking of getting a mommy makeover in Miami, FL? You’re an ideal candidate for this plastic surgery procedure if you are:
- a mother who’s unhappy with the her current body and want to restore her pre-pregnancy figure
- a woman who experienced massive weight loss and want to contour her body
- not currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- at least 21 years old
- in good health standing without any serious illnesses
- mentally stable with realistic expectations
- a non-smoker
Although many other plastic surgeons set a goal weight for their patients, I can do the surgical procedure for you even if you have a high BMI. As long as you have a clean bill of health, you can be a candidate for a mommy makeover treatment.
Schedule your initial consultation with an experienced surgeon like me to know if you’re a good candidate for a mommy makeover in Miami, Florida.
Mommy Makeover Combination of Procedures: Your Surgical Options, Explained
A mommy makeover in Miami, FL, is a highly individualized procedure. Every patient has different needs, so I make sure to tailor-fit the types of procedures to your needs and preferences.
Check out the most common operations included in a mommy makeover to help you decide the combination of surgeries that’s right for you:
For Drooping Breasts and Other Breast Issues
- Breast Lift Surgery – Also known as mastopexy, breast lift surgery gives you perky breasts. It removes excess skin and tightens your breast tissues, thus raising your breasts and supporting your new breast shape and contour.
- Breast Reduction – It removes excess fat, tissues, and skin from your breasts.
- Breast Augmentation Surgery – It increases your breast volume either through the use of breast implants or fat transfer. You can also combine breast lift with implants.
- Nipple and/or Areola Reduction or Augmentation – It increases or decreases the size of your nipples and/or areolae to achieve an aesthetically pleasing breast.
For Lax Abdominal Muscles and Excess Abdominal Tissue
- Tummy Tuck Surgery – Also known as abdominoplasty, it restores your abdominal contour by trimming away excess skin and belly fat deposits. It also helps tighten your abdominal muscles. You can usually pair this with liposuction.
- Diastasis Recti Repair – It solves the problem of abdominal separation by tightening the muscles in your midsection. It is usually a part of a mommy makeover tummy tuck procedure.
For Better Buttocks and Thighs
- Thigh Lift – It removes extra skin and fat pockets from your inner and/or outer thighs, resulting into a smoother lower body contour.
- Butt lift – It removes loose skin and excess tissues from your buttocks to achieve a firmer and tighter butt appearance.
For Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Labiaplasty – It reduces the size of your labia major and/or labia minora by removing excess loose skin and tissue from your vulva.
- Perineoplasty – It reshapes and tightens the area between your vaginal opening and anus.
Mommy Makeover In-Person Consultation: Meeting Your Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
As the best mommy makeover surgeon in Miami, I’ll first determine if you’re the ideal candidate for this cosmetic surgery. I’ll ask about your aesthetic goals and expectations, as well as your medical history, drug allergies, and medical treatments and surgeries.
Once I’ve evaluated you, I’ll discuss your mommy makeover Miami options and recommend mommy makeover treatment plans suitable for you. I’ll also tell you about the benefits, risks, and potential complications of each procedure to help you make a guided decision.
Remember, you can ask me any questions you may have about your surgery. I also do virtual consultations, which you can schedule here.
Mommy Makeover Preparation: What to Do Before Your Cosmetic Surgery
Ideally, you should wait several months after you finish breastfeeding before getting this surgery. This will allow your breasts to return to their original shape and size.
Quit smoking at least a month before your scheduled surgery to ensure an optimal healing process. You should also stop taking alcohol at least seven days before the procedures.
Make sure to take multivitamins and increase your protein intake to strengthen your body as you prepare for a mommy makeover Miami. It will also aid in a speedy recovery.
You should also stop taking any herbal medications and diet pills.
Prepare for your recovery in advance by ensuring that you have someone to drive you home after your mommy makeover Miami.
Mommy Makeover Recovery Time: Physical Activity After Surgery
The recovery process for a mommy makeover in Miami, FL, largely depends on the type of surgeries involved, as well as their complexity. In general, the healing time spans about six weeks.
For your first week post-op, you should expect swelling, bruising, and pain on your treatment areas. I’ll prescribe you with pain medications to manage it.
You should wait for at least three weeks before resuming your daily activities. Avoid strenuous activity for the meantime until the sixth week of your recovery period.
Mommy Makeover Miami Cost: How Much Does the Mommy Makeover Cost?
According to the latest RealSelf.com data, the average cost of a mommy makeover in Miami, Florida, is $9,075, with a wide range spanning from $5,000 to as high as $14,500.
The final mommy makeover Miami cost largely varies because of the following factors:
- the number and type of procedures to be performed
- the complexity of each procedure
- the state where the procedure will be performed
- the exact location of the surgery, whether it’s in a clinic or hospital
- operating room facilities
- medical and laboratory tests
- post-op care
- the experience and expertise of your chosen Miami plastic surgeon
As one of the best plastic surgeons in Miami, I perform my mommy makeover Miami in a hospital to ensure utmost patient safety. Our fees include an overnight stay to help your recover faster, as well as hospital, anesthesia, and professional fees.
While health insurance seldom covers a mommy makeover in Miami, most plastic surgeons offer financing plans, so be sure to ask about it.
To get a clear estimate of how much does the mommy makeover cost in Miami, book a consultation with a double board-certified Miami plastic surgeon like me right here.
FAQs about Mommy Makeover Miami
How much does the mommy makeover cost in Miami?
According to the latest RealSelf.com data, the average mommy makeover Miami cost is $9,075.
It depends on several factors, like the procedures involved, the state where it will be performed, anesthesia, operating room facilities, medications, medical and laboratory tests, post-op care, and the experience and expertise of your chosen plastic surgeon.
Schedule a consultation with me to get a clear estimate of how much does the mommy makeover cost.
Why is it beneficial to have multiple cosmetic procedures done at one time?
Getting multiple cosmetic surgeries at the same time is more affordable than getting them separately. You also have don’t have to undergo multiple recovery periods, making it easier for your body to make a successful recovery.
Should I lose weight before having mommy makeover Miami surgery?
Ideally, you should be just slightly above your ideal weight before getting this surgery. But I am willing to operate on plus-sized and high BMI patients as long as they’re healthy.
Unlike other surgeons, I don’t base my decision to operate solely on one’s BMI. After all, a high BMI shouldn’t stop you from achieving your body goals.
How soon after giving birth can I undergo a mommy makeover in Miami, FL?
You should wait for at least six months after delivering your child and stopping breastfeeding before getting any cosmetic procedure.
What surgical options can you combine in a mommy makeover?
You can combine a number of surgeries depending on your problem areas.
For drooping breast issues, you can get breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, or nipple and areola surgeries.
For solving abdominal laxity, you can get a tummy tuck, liposuction, or diastasis recti repair. You can also get a thigh lift and butt lift to improve your lower body contour.
If you want to improve the aesthetics of your intimate areas, you may get a labiaplasty or perineoplasty.
Which breast procedure is right for me?
Again, it depends on your needs and my assessment as a board-certified Miami plastic surgeon.
If you need to increase your breast volume, you may need to get breast implants. If you simply want to get rid of droopy breasts and make them perkier, a breast lift will do. You can also combine these two for best results.
On the other hand, if you have too much breast tissue, you might need breast reduction surgery.
Will I still be able to breastfeed after breast surgery?
Inability to breastfeed is one of the possible complications of breast surgery. But as a double board-certified plastic surgeon with 20 years of experience, I take all the necessary precautions to ensure that you’ll still have the ability to breastfeed after getting breast surgery.
What are the risks with a mommy makeover in Miami, FL?
Like all other surgeries, mommy makeover poses risks. Examples of these are infection, adverse anesthesia reactions, bleeding, swelling, soreness, numbness, hematoma, and fluid imbalance. If you underwent breast surgery, some possible complications include capsular contracture, implant rupture, and changes in breast and nipple sensation.
Will insurance cover the cost of my mommy makeover?
Health insurance seldom covers a mommy makeover in Miami as it is considered an elective surgery. But I offer financing plans to help curb your mommy makeover Miami cost, so be sure to inquire about it.
Will I need to undergo additional plastic surgery after a mommy makeover?
It depends on your needs. If you have other areas that you want to address, you can get another surgery. You may also get revision surgery if you end up unsatisfied with your results.